Nettymus' Blog

Friday, June 20, 2008

My job

This may have been the coolest thing I have done for my job yet.  Most people wouldn't think so, I'm sure.  Yesterday I went to training on the CACFP (child and adult care food program) and how to do the paper work.  So, today, I got caught up (about a month's worth...usually done every week or two weeks or so).  There is one part that really sucks, but other than that, it is very fun totaling numbers, filling out forms, submitting claims, keeping a spending ledger, etc.  It took me 5 hours to get ALMOST caught up.  And I didn't have to talk to anybody during that whole time (a skill that I am not naturally good at, still stresses me out, but is VERY necessary for this job).

P.S. this is not my desk/office.  This is the parlor in the church where I work.  About 2 hours before the end of the day, it was invaded by people getting ready for a wedding the next day, so I had to go cram all these papers and books onto my itty-bitty desk.  That was a bit challenging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home