Nettymus' Blog

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Books

Ok, I need some help. So, I'm going to write a grant proposal to Target for money for Stone House to use to make literacy bags. I was not familiar with the concept of literacy bags until my teacher, Carrie Ficke, asked us to write what we would put in one during class, and none of us (early childhood grad students) had hear of them. What they are is a bag with a book and a few different activities, toys, recipes, songs etc. that go along with the book. Teachers can use them, but mostly, parents can check them out to take home for their kids to use. I'm planning to make a bunch of them. Some for infants/toddlers 0-3, and some for preschoolers 3-5.
So, can you guys think of awesome books from your childhood? I need some great ones... and if you have ideas for things to go with them, that would be cool, too.

3 Comments:

  • At April 02, 2006 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have a whole list of stuff you would put into a literacy bag...we do that for head start parents.. we've discussed those lots in my language development and disorder classes...

    Good books: Click, Clack, Moo Cows that Type; Giggle, Giggle, Quack; Good Night Moon; Runaway Bunny; the whole "This is not my ___ (bunny, dog, dinosaur, monster); Dr. Seus (sp?); If you give a mouse a cookie;

    There's this great resource book, which i can't remember the name to, that does a book and has a recipe that goes with the story

    Songs: The little Peoples CD...

    Toys: anything multisenory; talking toys;

    just email me if you want more ideas or stuff

    Mary V :D

     
  • At April 02, 2006 11:08 PM, Blogger hockeyfrog said…

    Some of my favorites were Monster at the End of this Book and Another Monster at the End of this Book... both had Grover from Sesame Street... they're still around too :)

     
  • At April 03, 2006 1:56 AM, Blogger nettymus said…

    Thanks guys. I have some of thoes on my list already, but I'll look up the others! I didn't knwo that there was a sequal to monster at the end of this book!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home