Nettymus' Blog

Friday, April 28, 2006

Present, glitter and a challenge

Correction to this post! I forgot that I had alread considered what Newgen's comment pointed out. The phrase is supposed to be "a pickle and jogging" (emphasize the "a" and lowercase "p").

I was going to post a picture of my second birthday present, but I can't find the camera... Oh wait. I may have just remembered that it might be in the car...hummm... Anyway, I'll just tell you what I got form Chris: a sewing machine! I have wanted one for years, but keep forgetting about it!. Now I can sew things and fix things and make costumes. It'll be awesome!

I did a really cool creative thing with glitter today and was going to post a picture of it, but, again, the whole camera thing. So, later perhaps.

For now, a challenge:
I have always hated when people say"they are like apples and oranges" when they mean they are completely different. Apples and oranges aren't' that different. They are both fruit, approximately the same size, round-ish, etc. So, I thought of an alternative: "pickle and running". The challenge is to use that phrase, as it is, not using punctuation in it, to make a grammatically correct sentence.

1 Comments:

  • At April 28, 2006 11:46 PM, Blogger newgen said…

    well now you have a conundrum because pickle does jogging and therefore pickle does run and therefore pickle and running are not all that different so now you need a whole new metaphor or is it simile? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home