Nettymus' Blog

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Hi everyone!  I'm at Radina's with Shannon because both of our spouses are at home doing some secrative Christmas stuff (independently of eachother).  So I'm here reading about how to write a teaching philosophy statement and changing my blog to the beta, which isn't a beta anymore as of today, its the real thing. Newgen is on his way to visit us and tonight we are having game night at Aaron's house. Most likely there will be some playing of the Wii which we got this last friday from Shannon and Nicole, and whcih they got from us....fun stuff!
If you didn't know already, I'm done with school AND work for the semester!
So what is new? Well, new to some of you is that my old boss is moving back to Manhattan and applying for the lead teaching job that I am applying for. She is way more qualified than me, but I'm keeping my hopes up. I spent a long time making my resume (or vita, for those of you who switched over to that silly term), and I have to write a letter of interest (is that like a cover letter or is it different?), and a teaching philosophy.
Also, I got promoted at work....there was no position to be promoted to, but they invented it for me! I am the co-lead teacher now! It means I have to work more over the week, which sucks because I have me thesis to do next semester, along with hockey and two other classes...and I don't know if I get paid more (except per hour at the same rate, for sure)...but I am a co-lead teacher. If my old boss gets her job back, I think I'm going to get demoted back to just Graduate teaching assistant. So what do I do different as "Co" that I didn't do before? 1)have the same authority as Laura in the classroom 2) do our staffing (interview, write up schedules, find substitutes, etc) 3) oversee the student teachers in our classroom (write up a syllabus, grade their work, evaluate them, etc) 4)do half all the little things that have to be done. Exciting huh?
So, that.... :D

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At December 23, 2006 2:40 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    speaking of the wii, guess where i'm posting this from...oh yeah, you're sitting right next to me.

     
  • At February 06, 2007 11:47 PM, Blogger The Gare Bear said…

    Call it a Dad thing. I was just looking at your blog discussing work stuff. Be careful about what you post about work and co-workers. Best policy would be to not say anything you wouldn't say in person -- and then, I would recommend doing the personal talking first and keep what was said/done/thought under wraps. It's tought being me -- I always think this analytical stuff. Just don't want to see you get in trouble.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home